Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Birth Dates, Luck, and Destiny

Do people really try to aim for specific birth dates?  Sometimes they do.  CNN is reporting that Febuary 18 (give or take a couple of days) is the target date to get pregnant for those people trying for a birth date of 11/11/11.  For those having scheduled C-sections, up to a week later will work.  That will be a busy day for OB staffs around the country.  We'll hear about babies born on 11/11/11 at 11:11.  It might be a bit of a feat to have a birth weight of 11 lbs. 

Women have used numerology and favorite numbers to plan "lucky" birth dates for as long as anyone can remember.  The Chinese have that down to a science.  I like twos.  I was born the 2nd of March.  Of course, I had no control over that.  However, when my 2nd child's C-section was being planned, I purposely chose the 2nd of September.  The same thing happened with my fourth child, who was born on February 2nd. My third, unknowingly, and by some strange twist of fate, had a birth and a death date of November 2nd.  That wasn't planned, and I shouldn't have gone into labor that day, as it was months early, but it happened.  My first born really messed it all up.  He was born 2 days before the 2nd and at 2:00 p.m., but couldn't hold out another couple of days, despite being two weeks early.  So the twos permeate our household.  My fiance was born on the 3rd, but he always takes his time.

Because Valentine's Day is just a few days earlier than the "magic" date of February 18, it's a good bet that quite a few surprise babies will appear on or around the date of destiny.  It will be interesting to see what that day brings.  Stay tuned for that update.

1 comment:

Rash said...

You need a like button. LOL