Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Happy New Year

2010 - Who would have thought it would be here so fast? Weren't we just talking about Y2K and worrying about our computers crashing at the stroke of the new millenium? No one knows what to call 2010. Do we call it "Two thousand ten" or "twenty ten"? My vote goes for twenty ten. If we call it two thousand ten, we doom ourselves to beginning each year of this new decade with "two thousand". And what happens when we get to the next century? It will get tedious to refer to the year as "two thousand one hundred thirty six". Better just to say 20-36, don't you think? So 20-10 (twenty-ten) it is. We refer to each decade as "the nineties", "the sixties", or "the new millineum". So where are we now? The teens? The tweens? It's all very confusing.

At any rate, I would like to wish everyone a very happy New Year. I'm looking forward to a fresh start and a change in the economy for 2010. I try not to make resolutions that I will most certainly break, like losing weight (yuck), but a friend of mine sent me a short video that made me want to make a resolution to just enjoy the journey.

http://www.dashpoemmovie.com/

I wish everyone their heart's desire. Mine is simply to live a better life, spend time with my family and fiance, and build other families through adoption.

3 comments:

grace515 said...

I love the link you posted! We just finished a series called "One Month to Live" in church that also made reference to the "dash." It really makes you stop and think and put things into perspective. If you (others reading your post) haven't looked at the link, I really recommend it. Thank you for posting it as a reminder.

Tammie said...

Tina - thank you for posting this link. On the 28th of this month will mark one year since we lost the best friend we've ever had....Bill. I watched this video with tears remembering the dash of his life. He left us way too early, but the impact he had on us all was profound. Thank you again for the link. And Happy New Year to you and your family.

alaboroflove said...

Tammie: I remember when you lost Bill and I know his absence has affected you profoundly. While time seems to dull the pain some, it never quite goes away when someone you love is missing from your life. But life has a way of coming full circle and perhaps that will help the healing process. Happy New Year to you too. I think we're all happy to see 2009 go and welcome 2010.