Monday, September 28, 2009

Updates

I can hardly believe it's the end of September. I lost most of the month while ill with mono, which is no picnic. I came to understand that we take for granted the energy we wake up with every day! I am just now getting back to normal after six weeks of lethargy and exhaustion like I've never known. I'm just glad that I've begun to feel like I can put one foot in front of the other again! Thanks to all the Rotary and Elks friends who came to my rescue at the meeting in August. I also appreciate all of the cards, e-mails, and phone calls of good wishes.

Say a prayer for Zama and Sizakele today. (I'll post a picture of them). Baby Zama is having her surgery to release the scar contractures. She is a beautiful, spunky little girl who has gone through a lot. She'll be going back to Swaziland in October and we're all hoping that this surgery is the final one she'll need.

Holly had a few days off last week on vacation and she went to meet her birth father for the first time. They met up in Las Vegas and had a great time. Apparently, some of the similarities were evident, even in Holly's kids. It was an exciting time for her and she's now met both of her birth parents, who were teens when she was placed for adoption. More news on that meeting later once Holly can share her story.

Congratulations to Eric and Julie on their recent match. We're crossing our fingers that everything will go well. Super-parents Katie and Dale...baby #15 is on the way. After four boys, it will be fun to have a girl! Ten little monkeys jumping on the bed...

No comments: