Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Weekend Warrior

Weekends are never quiet around here. I decided to work the weekend, as I often do, because I was gone part of last week getting my daughter settled in her dorm (in 109 degree heat, yuck!), and wanted to play catch up on things that needed to be done at the office. My web goddess (as I call her) came by to work on the website and help me with a few internet related things. It felt like a regular day at work because the phones kept ringing. Sarita, a birth mother, called to make an adoption plan and spent the better part of an hour and a half on the phone with me. Gina, our web designer, asked me "Do they all take that long?" Pretty much. When talking with a birth mom, I want to give her enough time to feel comfortable with me and get to the point of being able to open up and share information. If she feels comfortable and secure, she won't make any other calls. By the time we got off the phone, Sarita felt much better and we agreed she would look at some profiles.

The phone kept ringing...and it was good news. IT'S A GIRL! We want to welcome baby Amaia Alese, who was born on Saturday, Aug. 22, and weighed in at 7 lbs. 6 oz. Congratulations to Geri and R.J. on the birth of their new daughter! Hopefully, they will be back home in Pennsylvania by this coming weekend.

So, if you've had a little trouble reaching me over the past few days, I've been pretty busy with phones and important baby business. I'm here and I'll catch up...some day.

2 comments:

alaboroflove said...

This is a post from Jama via e-mail:

Hi, Tina:

I just read your latest blog entry, "Weekend Warrior." Tim and I just wanted to let you know how much we appreciate all the time, energy, and effort you dedicate to helping couples like us build our family. You are always attentive in making the time to provide us with personal updates (and reassurances) when we most need it. On this bumpy road to grow our family, you are always there to refresh our faith when it is a little lacking, and because of your encouraging words, we have no doubt that someday our baby will find us.

Sacrificing weekend time can sometimes go unnoticed, but we wanted to reassure you that we notice, and we appreciate you for all that you do.

Thanks again for everything. Have a wonderful day!!!

RiAnnon said...

I tried to comment with a giant THANK YOU last night, but it wouldn't go through for some reason. I just want to let you know that I agree with everything Jama said and I really appreciate your commitment to each of our families!

RiAnnon