Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

Today is the last day of 2008. It's a time for reflection and renewal. It's been a year of joy and also sadness. Perhaps that is true of any year. I stumbled upon a quote that I found relevant when reflecting.

"They whom we love and lose are no longer where they were before. They are now...wherever we are."

I wish everyone a peaceful and prosperous new year. I hope you will join me in praying for peace and also for the well-being of those who are helpless -- babies, animals, the elderly, and the disabled. Please pray for our soldiers, officers, and firemen, who protect us even as we sleep. Blessings and love are wished for each of you and I hold all of you in my heart. Happy New Year 2009! I challenge you to pay it forward and do good things.

2 comments:

angelfan1958 said...

hopefully things will get better in 2009...out of bad times, good things often come. My late father, who was raised in the Great Depression, often shared how even in tough times, neighborhoods and families came together

Holly said...

We are praying for a better year, in our economy, for our friends and family, and in completing our family. Wishing you the best year too!